We take the responsibility of having your Personal and Other Information very seriously. We use your Personal and Other Information for providing and improving the Services. We treat your Personal and Other Information as we would and do treat our own.
The Company reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace this Policy by posting the updated version on the Site. It is your responsibility to check this Policy periodically for changes. Your continued use of the Services following the posting of any changes to this Policy constitutes your acceptance of those changes.
Collection of Information
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information (such as your name, email and postal address, telephone number, sex, and country of residence) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of the Services, subscribe to our newsletter, upload or submit any material through the Site, or request any information;
- uploaded photos and videos;
- your log-in and password details in connection with the account sign-in process;
- details of any requests or transactions made by you through the Services;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns, or comments regarding the Services or its content;
- information that you post to the Site in the form of comments or contributions to discussions;
- credit card information, which is passed to a third party service provider, Stripe, who processes our transactions;
- longitude & latitude of your location (geocoded location).
Information Collected by Mobile Browsers & Applications.
Our Services are also provided through an application on your mobile, phone, tablet computer, or similar device (“Mobile Application”).
You agree that we may collect and use technical data and related information, including but not limited to, technical information about your device, system and application software, and peripherals, that is gathered periodically to facilitate the provision of software updates, product support and other services to you (if any) related to such Mobile Applications.
When you use any of our Mobile Applications, the Mobile Application may automatically collect and store some or all of the following information from your mobile device (“Mobile Device Information”), including without limitation:
- Your preferred language and country site (if applicable)
- Your phone number or other unique device identifier assigned to your mobile device – such as the International Mobile Equipment Identity or the Mobile Equipment ID number
- The IP address of your mobile device
- The manufacturer and model of your mobile device
- Your mobile operating system
- The type of mobile Internet browsers you are using
- Your geolocation
- Information about how you interact with the Mobile Application and any of our web sites to which the Mobile Application links, such as how many times you use a specific part of the mobile application over a given time period, the amount of time you spend using the Mobile Application, how often you use the Mobile Application, actions you take in the Mobile Application and how you engage with the Mobile Application
- Information to allow us to personalize the services and content available through the Mobile Application
We may use information automatically collected by the Mobile Application (including the Mobile Device Information) in the following ways:
- To operate and improve our Mobile Applications, other Services, our company’s services, and tools;
- To create aggregated and anonymized information to determine which Mobile Application features are most popular and useful to users, and for other statistical analyses;
- To customize the content or services on the Mobile Application for you, or the communications sent to you through the Mobile Application.
We may associate your unique mobile Device Identifier or Mobile Application usage information with any Personal and Other Information you provide.
Information Collected from Job Applicants. If you wish to apply for a job on our web site(s), we will collect Personal and Other Information such as your name, email address, phone number and may collect additional information such as resume, gender, and your ethnicity. We use the information collected within this area of the web site(s) to determine your qualifications for the position in which you have applied and to contact you to set up an interview.
In addition to any Personal and Other Information that you choose to submit to us, we and our third-party service providers may use a variety of technologies that automatically (or passively) collect certain information whenever you visit or interact with the Services (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information may include the browser that you are using, the URL that referred you to our Services, all of the areas within our Services that you visit, and the time of day, among other information. We may use Usage Information for a variety of purpose , including to enhance or otherwise improve the Services. In addition, we collect your IP address or other unique identifier (“Device Identifier”) for your computer, mobile or other device used to access the Services (any, a “Device”). A Device Identifier is a number that is automatically assigned to your Device used to access the Services, and our computers identify your Device by its Device Identifier. Usage Information may be non-identifying or may be associated with you.
A cookie is a data file placed on a Device when it is used to access the Services.
A Flash cookie is a data file placed on a Device via the Adobe Flash plug-in that may be built-in to or downloaded by you to your Device.
Cookies and Flash Cookies may be used for many purposes, including, without limitation, remembering you and your preferences and tracking your visits to our web pages.
Cookies work by assigning a number to the user that has no meaning outside of the assigning website.
- Web Beacons. Small graphic images or other web programming code called web beacons (also known as “1x1 GIFs” or “clear GIFs”) may be included in our web and mobile pages and messages. The web beacons are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, and are used to track the online movements of Web users. In contrast to cookies, which are stored in a user’s computer hard drive, web beacons are embedded invisibly on Web pages and are about the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Web beacons or similar technologies help us better manage content on our Services by informing us what content is effective, count users of the Services, monitor how users navigate the Services, count how many e-mails that we send were actually opened or to count how many particular articles or links were actually viewed. We do not tie the information gathered by web beacons to our customers’ personal information.
- Embedded Scripts. An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Services, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your Device from our web server or a third party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Services, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
Uses of Your Personal and Other Information
We will use the Personal and Other Information you provide to:
- identify you when you sign-in to your account;
- enable us to provide you with the Services;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us;
- send you advertisements and promotions;
- present projects to you when you use the Service which we believe will be of interest based on your geographic location and previous use of the Service;
- administer your account with us;
- enable us to contact you regarding any question you make through the Service;
- analyze the use of the Service and the people visiting to improve our content and Services; and
- use for other purposes that we may disclose to you when we request your information.
Sharing of Your Personal and Other Information
Social Seam reserves the right to disclose your personally identifiable information as required by law and when we believe that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, or in the good-faith belief that it is necessary to comply with the law.
Co-Branded Services. Certain aspects of our service may be provided to you in association with third parties (“Co-Branded Services”) such as sponsors and charities, and may require you to disclose Personal and Other Information to them. Such Co-Branded Services will identify the third party. If you elect to register for products and/or Services through the Co-Branded Services, you may be providing your information to both us and the third party. Further, if you sign-in to a Co-Branded Service with a username and password obtained through our Services, your Personal and Other Information may be disclosed to the identified third parties for that Co-Branded Service and will be subject to their posted privacy policies.
Administrative and Legal Reasons. We cooperate with government and law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. Thus, we may access, use, preserve, transfer and disclose your information (including Personal and other Information), including disclosure to third parties such as government or law enforcement officials or private parties as we reasonably determine is necessary and appropriate: (i) to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, subpoenas, governmental requests or legal process; (ii) to protect and/or defend the Terms of Service for online and mobile Services or other policies applicable to any online and mobile Services, including investigation of potential violations thereof; (iii) to protect the safety, rights, property or security of the Company, our Services or any third party; (iv) to protect the safety of the public for any reason; (v) to detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues; an /or (vi) to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, an illegal, unethical, or legally actionable activity. Further, we may use IP address or other Device Identifiers, to identify users, and may do so in cooperation with third parties such as copyright owners, internet service providers, wireless service providers and/or law enforcement agencies, including disclosing such information to third parties, all in our discretion. Such disclosures may be carried out without notice to you.
Business Transfer. We may share your information, including your Personal and Other Information and usage information with our parent, subsidiaries and affiliates for internal reasons. We also reserve the right to disclose and transfer all such information: (i) to a subsequent owner, co-owner or operator of the Services or applicable database; or (ii) in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, restructuring, the sale of substantially all of our membership interests and/or assets or other corporate change, including, during the course of any due diligence process.
Third Parties Providing Services on Our Behalf. We use third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Services, provide or perform certain aspects of the Services on our behalf – such as payment processing, and other third-parties to host the Services, design and/or operate the Services’ features, track the Services’ analytics, process payments, engage in anti-fraud and security measures, provide customer support, enable us to send you special offers, host our job application form, perform technical Services (e.g., without limitation, maintenance Services, database management, web analytics and improvement of the Services‘ features), or perform other administrative Services. We may provide these vendors with access to user information, including Personal and Other Information, this information sharing is limited to only the information needed by the vendor to carry out the Services they are performing for you or for us. Each of these vendors are obligated not to disclose or use Personal and Other Information for any other purpose.
We want to communicate with you only if you want to hear from us. We try to keep emails to a minimum and give you the ability to opt out when we can.
We will send you email relating to:
- your personal transactions;
- service-related announcements;
- certain email notifications, for which you may opt-out.
Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose in public areas of the Site becomes publicly available and can be collected and used by other users. You should exercise caution before disclosing your personal information through these public venues.
To access, modify or delete the personal information you have provided to us, please log in and update your account. We may retain certain information as required by law or for necessary business purposes.
Information that you submit through the Service may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”) to provide the Service to you. For example, our servers are in the United States. If we transfer your information outside the EEA in this way, we will comply with Safe Harbor principles to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us.
Updated: July 2014